Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jacki's Challenge

A few days ago Jacki gave us a challenge to make a card that "wasn't a rectangle." I kept thinking about that, and knew I needed two baby cards for showers that are this week. So here is what I came up with.

I took one sheet of white card stock, and one sheet of blue card stock, cut each in half, folded each and cut a large scalloped Nestabilities circle (largest of large set) from the blue, and a small scalloped Nestabilties circle (third largest of large set) from the white, extending the die to create the top fold. I embossed the front of the blue circle using the Stylized Flowers embossing folder from Cuttlebug, and embossing the white circle with "It's A Boy" from the It's a Boy set of 4 embossing folders by Cuttlebug. Overlapping the two at the fold I centered a small straight circle Nestie (chosen to fit the space)and cut through both layers. Using an eyelet punch I punch holes around the white circle, layered them together with double face tape, and added a ribbon bow with a glue dot. The back of each layer is plain.

No comments: